Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Ouija Board Incident


When I was about 12 or 13, a friend of mine had an older brother who was in high school, and like many rebellious teens in the late 80's he had jumped on the heavy metal sponsored satanism bandwagon. In his room he kept a large trunk full of cult related items (I'm guessing as to hide them from his parents), things like a ouija board, medallions, the necrominon,candles, and cult art.One summer afternoon my friend Nate and I decided that since nobody was home, It would be a good opportunity to rifle through his brothers belongings and play with all the "neat stuff"after doing a little examining and reading, and candle burning, and spell casting, and something to do with a pentagram, we decided to fire up the ol' ouija board.After a few rounds of "stop moving it, I'm not doing it" (I think we were moving it)we decided to put his brothers room back in order as to avoid getting our asses kicked if he came home soon.All of a sudden the "tone" of the room around us changed, I deffinatley felt it and i could tell by the look on Nates face he did too. And there was a distinct smell of something, not like the candles we'd blown out 5 minutes ago, but something acrid or hot. The pops and creaks began and sounded to be coming from the wash room just outside the door,Nate and I stepped out to have a look when the pops and creaks became noticibly more distinct upsatairs. I was still standing in his brothers room doorway when Nate started up the stairs to investigate.At that point it happened, thats the best way I have to explain it "it"doors slammed shut, pops, moans, creaks, and the central cold air intake ducting sounded like it was expanding and contracting. The activity distinctly began at one end of the house and moved to the other. When it was "over me" Nate sprang up the stairs to escape. At the same moment I felt "movement" beside me, a tingling all over me, and heard it's rapid muffled whispers. The upstairs door slammed shut. Nate quickly opened it back up, and by that time I was right behind him.We ran outside and just kept running. Neither one of us spoke for a moment or two as we began to walk back. When we got back to the house, we checked all the outside windows, they were shut. The central air was running quietly, as it had been all day.When we went back inside we discovered every interior door shut (even the 2 we had just ran through) and many lights turned on that hadn't been before.No one had come or gone during the entire incident and for a while thereafter, as we could see the entry door from downstairs and never lost sight of the house during our retreat.I run into Nate once in a while, and to this day the account still chills us both.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely believe this crap! If that is what you want to call it. You summoned something. Bet you never played with that nasty stuff again. LOL

Rivertiger

Breck said...

"Breck24", that was my little brother.....yea, I know...
No, I haven't touched one since.
Won't allow one in my house either. I found a good link somewhere on Google about ouija folklore, interesting if nothing else
http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/ouistit.html