Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Haunting - Hollywoodified


Okay, so I enjoy this show and my DVR is trained do make sure I never miss a new episode.But here's what I want everyone to understand. This is Hollywood’s version of peoples paranormal experiences, just that. If your gonna sell it you have to make it shiny.Let me sum up "A Haunting' for you;

-Family moves into home far from where they used to live.
-Family's oldest or youngest or mentally handicapped child begins to report strange things.
-Head of family is ultra-skeptic and dismisses them.
-Ultra-skeptic is attacked in some way by ghost.
-Ultra-skeptic is now believer.
-Husband, and or wife, and or kids are all pissed at each other.
-Family is scared but can't afford to move or believes ghost will move with them if they do.
-Priest comes to bless house.
-Things are better for a day or two.
-Ghost is now pissed about the whole blessing thing.
-Ghost retaliates.
-Paranormal researchers arrive, psychic in tow.
-Overwhelming evidence ensues.
-Psychic banishes ghost from home.
-All is well, well kinda.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. I'm sure at least some of what is portrayed maybe actually happened, in at least some fashion or degree.These people probably were haunted by something and really were scared.But for Hollywood to tell their story they have to dress it up a lot to make people want to by what they are selling.So if you are going to watch it, please accept that fact.In the meantime, I'll wait on my trusty DVR do deliver more haunting goodness

No comments: